Spotted Gum Timber Decking
Decking 4 Perth supplies high quality Spotted Gum Timber Decking in Perth, WA.
Spotted Gum is an Eastern States produced hardwood timber. Highly prized for its strength and durability and becoming very popular due to its unique brown colour and wood grains.
This creates a very unique finish and a strong deck.
Spotted Gum Colour & Grain
Consisting of light brown colours coupled with a unique grain arrangement creates a unique and highly desirable finish.
Spotted Gum is moderately coarse and an unevenly textured wood with some timbers having additional feature such as a wavy grain and darker streaks.
Features & Benefits
- Hard, heavy and naturally durable timber
- Internal or external use
- Veneers readily available
- Machines well
- Minimal tannin bleed compared to other specie
Alternatives (similar colour) & Work-ability
It is best to be screwed to the sub-frame rather than nailed due to its tendency to move.
- Termite Resistance – Resistant
- Lyctid Susceptibility – Sapwood susceptible
- Marine Borer Resistance – 0-20 years
- Bushfire – Bal 12.5, 19 & 29 . All AS3959 required applications
- Fire Properties Group – 3 – Slightly combustible
- Sawn thickness 25mm
- Generally width 75mm to 90mm
- Laminated and finger jointed material available
- Length range 0.9m to 5.7m